National Programmatic Thrusts
Chapter Programming is the “heart” of the organization. It is the way that we “create a medium of contact for children that stimulates growth and development.” The national programming mandate for chapters requires that at least one activity (in each grade group) be accomplished centered on the National Program Thrusts under EDUCATION, CULTURAL, CIVIC, SOCIAL/RECREATIONAL, and HEALTH.
I'm Black and I'm Proud
Appreciating Our History anc Culture:
The Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) pathway
Celebrating Black Leaders, Authors, and Inventors
- Jack and Jill Storytime
- Black History Exploration
Empowering Our Future Leaders
- Leadership and Officer Skills training
- Financial Modules NEW Modules sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Moms Only-Leadership Development and Officer Training
College and Career readiness Career Conversations Exploring the possibilities!
STE[A]M Webinars for children, teens, and moms
J Swims!: So you want to be a Lifeguard?
Closing the wealth gap-creating generational wealth
Our Health Matters - Addressing Health Inequities
- Pediatric and Adolescent
- Teen health
- Mom and Dad
Serving and Advocating for ALL children
- Legislative Advocacy Programs:
Partner: The Children’s Defense Fund
Voter Registration and Voting
Partners: When We All Vote and SOAPBOX Inc.
- Foundation initiatives and grants
- Food insecurity
- Close the GAP Fund (Graduation Assistance Program)
- JJSwims!: Saving children’s lives
- Serving at the chapter, regionally and nationally
- Maternal and fetal health
- Disaster Relief and Recovery
Let's Get Social!
- Mom’s Nights Out
- Date Nights
- Associates Nights out
- Family Nights out